Bangkok Day 6: Sabx2 Wanton Noodles, On Nut Pickadaily, Big C Supermarket, JJ Green Market

Day 6 in Bangkok, we went to eat the famous wanton noodles - Sabx2 Wanton Noodles as our lunch. The queue was really long when we reached there but luckily we didn't wait for long till our turn.

I guessed I had high hope since everyone was raving about this but I didn't know what the fuss was about. I mean it did taste really good but the portion was so small and the price was not cheap if compared to other local food. If the portion becomes bigger, I might come back for it on my next visit in Bangkok. We also ordered the pork rice and it was much more fulfilling than the noodles. I can only recommend this place if you're wanting to try it but don't expect it to be a decent, well-portioned meal.




The pork rice

They spread out the noodles to make it look bigger portion

Sabx2 Wanton Noodles
Opening hours: 09:00 - 15:00
How to get there: Opposite Platinum Fashion Mall. Soi Petchburi 19 and the shop will be on the right lane.

After our lunch, we headed to On Nut Pickadaily. The place has some English feel to it and we went there to get some photos taken. The place is rather small and not much to see but still it was an interesting discovery in Bangkok. I saw a couple getting their wedding photos taken there and also a few models too, so I guessed locals like to take pictures here as well. Plus, I don't think Pickadaily is popular among tourists as we were the only foreigners there. Nonetheless, I was glad I found out this hidden place in Bangkok.







On Nut Pickadaily
Opening hours: 09:00 - 15:00
How to get there: Skytrain (BTS) at On nut station. Then, take exit 1 and grab a taxi for the fastest way.


After so many walking in Bangkok, we decided to treat ourselves a Thai massage. There was a massage shop that offered super cheap rate so we gave it a go. I chose foot massage and some of my friends chose Thai massage. It was so relaxing and such a healing session for my feet. The massage shop was located beside Big C supermarket so it wouldn't be hard to find.



We then went to Big C supermarket for some grocery shopping after the massage session. I bought some snacks and Thai-flavoured instant noodles and also a hair dye for only 90 Baht! I really recommend the green curry and the pork-flavoured instant noodles. If you don't happen to be in On Nut but wanting to go to Big C supermarket, they have another one just near the Central World. You can find out how to go to Central World by clicking here.


After we finished shopping, it was time for dinner. We just simply had our dinner at the street hawker and it was quite fun since there was only Thai words and we only used gestures to order our food.

The last stop of the day was JJ Green Market. This market sells variety of stuffs, especially vintage things. It was always fun to visit this kinda place and be nostalgic. If you collect vintage, you might discover some great finds here.












JJ Green Market
Opening hours: 18:00 - 24:00 Friday to Sunday
How to get there: Get off the SkyTrain at Mo Chit Station (N8) and take Exit No.1, then walk to Kamphaeng Phet 3 Road. Jatujak Green is located next to Chatuchak Weekend Market. If you take the MRT subway, get off at Chatuchak Park Station and take exit 1 or 2.


It almost comes to an end of my Bangkok trip update, be sure to follow me for my last day in Bangkok post. Cheers everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2: Hua Hin Part 3 (Hua Hin Beach + Chatsila & Chatchai Hua Hin Night Market)

Depression. Finding Yourself. Self-Love: How we met?