Day 2: Hua Hin Part 2 (Hua Hin Sam Phan Nam Floating Market + PlearnWan)

Hey guys, if you missed out my previous post on Santorini Park and Swiss Sheep Farm, you can click here. My Hua Hin trip was followed by a visit to Hua Hin Sam Phan Nam Floating Market. It is different from Damnoen Saduak Floating Market and it was not culturally rich than the latter.

Nonetheless, it was still worth a visit. Initially, I wasn't planning to visit the floating market but to visit Venezia. I thought it was free admission but the entrance ticket costs 1000 Baht and some bloggers didn't think it was worth a visit. My van driver then suggested us to go to the floating market and we all agreed.

I'm relieved that we went there because I could take a break from the scorching hot sun. I really like the peacefulness there and it was not crowded which is a plus point. There are shops and food stalls there that you could stroll around. All in all, I think it's a market that one should stop by if you have the time.

The entrance

You need to pay for the boat ride.

Gorgeous, isn't it?


Very crispy and tasty. A must buy!



Decided to try this Thai noodle at this stall.

Yummy. If you like to try some Thai food, you should get this.
Hua Hin Sam Phan Nam Floating Market
Opening Hours: 09:30-19:30 (Mon-Thurs), 09:30-20:00 (Fri-Sun); daily cultural shows at 13:00, 15:00 and 17:00
Admission Fee: Free


Next stop was PlearnWan Eco Vintage Village. The village was designed like the early times of Hua Hin and it was built with wooden planks. I may not know the old Hua Hin but I'm liking it. Some people might think there's not much at this place but there's a charm in this village that get me attracted. This place definitely deserves a slow walk and just appreciate the beauty of it. If you like yourself some good ol' Hua Hin, you should check out this place.


Lovely street


Great view of the village


Vintage radios and vinyl record




Herbal tea shop

What a unique cup holder

These are popsicles made out of soft drinks
PlearnWan Village
Opening Hours: 9:00 – 21:00 (Sun-Thurs), 8:00 - 23:00 (Fri-Sat)
Admission Fee: Free

Be sure to follow me for my next post on Hua Hin beach and Hua Hin night market.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2: Hua Hin Part 3 (Hua Hin Beach + Chatsila & Chatchai Hua Hin Night Market)

Bangkok Day 6: Sabx2 Wanton Noodles, On Nut Pickadaily, Big C Supermarket, JJ Green Market

Bangkok Day 5: Chatuchak Weekend Market, Victory Monument, Platinum Fashion Mall, Erawan Shrine, Central World